Thursday, October 18, 2012

This is the time to PAINT

What am I working on?  Well I am painting on a large oil painting.  A few years back I painted a watercolor of a lady dancing which I really loved. I don't have this painting right now. It was given to a friend in Mexico.  I wish I had the original but I do have a photo of it. I love the bright colors.

Dancing Woman in Watercolor 001

So from this photo I decided to paint this again but larger and in oils.  Oil on canvas 36" X 36"
Dancing Girl oil in progress 002
CLOSE UP
Dancing Girl oil in progress 001
ON THE EASEL


I'm also painting an abstract.  This is fun to paint. I can paint for an hour and then leave the work for a month and still be able to come back to it. The size is 14" X 10.5" This is in progress......
Death Series VI 002

Above the whole painting, below a close up of the picky work I love to do.
Death Series VI 001 detail

Speaking of picky work. Below is a drawing in pencil and ink that I have been working on for a couple years. I love doing the small detail drawing. I'm the same with my knitting, cross stitch and even as a dental technician. I like picky work. 
Spiral shell 002
This drawing is 14" X 11"

So that is what I am currently working on.
Today I begin some new watercolor painting. I will share this soon.
Happy Painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment