Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: August 20, 2008


I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

August 20, 2008

Tomorrow August 21 will be 8 years since my dear sweet husband died. We were married for 28 years. We met in High School and married as soon as I graduated from High School. I was only 17 1/2 years old.
We had 3 wonderful kids. 
Here is my Richard. 



That picture was taken at our house. We had a great view. 

Richard died of cancer 3 months after we found out. He had cancer of an unknown primary or CUP. He went on intensive chemo but it didn't help.
Here I am moistening his mouth. He is on hospice here. My daughter Sierra is standing behind me and my good friend and mother of my son's wife it there too.

Photobucket

I want to remember Richard as a fun and loving man. Richard was a very lively person. He was fun and had the energy of 12 people. 




It's hard to believe that he has been gone 8 years. I wish I could have a day with him to tell him how much I love him. I wish I could spend a whole day to laugh and hug and make love once again. I miss him so much. 

We use to go and play golf a lot. Sometimes twice a week. It was fun. We have been to so many different courses. We also use to take the kids camping every summer. We would hike and fish. We had a canoe that we would take out on the lake and then spend the day fishing. It was funny because the other people were in their powerboats and we were just floating along. It was just so peaceful. Here is a painting I made of him rowing the canoe.



He was quite a guy. He could do anything. I mean he could fix anything. He had a tool for everything. He could do mechanics from a lawnmower,car, tractor to a big semi. He could do carpentry or plumbing, electrical, cement, anything. He was an egg rancher. We had a lot of chickens for eggs. So he was good at caring for animals. He trimmed trees, roofed a house, installed a sprinkler system, he could weld in 3 kinds of welding (arc,tig, wire,mig, oxy) I probably got those spelled wrong, but I'm not a welder. LOL. He also had a brain for mathematics. He could add numbers faster than you can do a calculator. That use to piss off car dealers when they were trying to make a deal with us.
He was also a loving husband. He was generous, he helped cook. I could always count on him if I had a problem. 
He had his faults. He was high energy and could blow up if he got frustrated. He could even throw a wrench if things were not going good. He worked more than he should have which meant that he missed a lot of the kids activities. I was the one who took them to T-ball, or boyscouts. I was the one walking a parade route with Sierra when she was in baton. Richard was working. He would work on Christmas morning, just in the morning. When you have livestock they always need to be fed and cared for so he would have to check to see that the employees had come into work for the morning. 
Rich was a special guy. He was 47 when he died. 
Here is a picture of him almost exactly one year before he died. This was taken at our son's wedding.
Richard and Carol June 12, 1999

And here is Richard and I on OUR wedding day ready to leave the church.
1973 Wedding Richard and Carol 10
Tomorrow, God please hug my Richard for me. Tell him I love him. I will see you again one day Sweetie. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment