Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: July 7, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

July 7, 2008   Feed the Monkey!

That is a great line from The Big Lewbowski, "she had to feed the monkey". But really I wanted to write that I started a new pair of socks. They are the Monkey Socks by Cookie A. 
I am doing them in Knit Picks Essential yarn of superwash wool & nylon. The color is called Peacock Multi. The yarn is now called Stroll sock yarn.






So while I fool around with socks, Peanut my granddaughter is turning into a crafter. She has a white fish and she is coloring the body. 



This is very intense work as you can see.




In the end it is exactly how she wants it. Bravo!!!


We took the 'ol fish swimming. The fish swam great. Crayon art work stayed on, no problem. 
It's only 104 degrees today. The pool felt great. Peanut is swimming so well. 
We found a Potato Bug the other day. It was yuckie. He was in the pool trying to get cool too but he didn't know how to swim and he died.
I got him out and of course took his photo.




Have a nice summer. Peanut had her first day at Vacation Bible School. It was so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment