Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: September 6, 2008


I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

September 6, 2008

I fixed the Monkeys yesterday.  Added another pattern repeat.  They don't fit my 6 yr. old like I would like. Thats because I did the leg as if they were for me then when they didn't fit I decreased my stitches to fit her.  Oh well. Maybe she can put them on her dolly.

So after I finished the socks I decided to start a new project. Ha ha ha I know I have 3 other projects on the needles, but I wanted to do some MITTS.
So I started the mitts called Serpentine by Miriam L. Felton.
(her photo, not mine.)
So here is my beginning.

This is yarn from Dream in Color-Smooshy. I love this yarn. It is soft but I like that it has a sheen and it doesn't pill, so far.
The monkey socks above was pilling on the skein.  That yarn is Knit Picks Essential sock yarn, superwash wool. It is not called Stroll sock yarn.
Smooshy is 100% Superfine Austrailian Merino Superwash, Spun & handdyed in the USA. 
It is pricey but I think worth it. Well not if your going to make a sweater and need 9 skeins of the worsted weight Dream in color.  I wish it was more affordable. 

So there you have it.  Done with one project and beginning another.
Right now I have on the needles:
1. Cobblestone Sweater in Tweed wool
2. Scarf, my pattern in Noro Silk Garden Sock
3. Mockery Socks in Regia sock yarn (love it)
4. Serpentine Mitts in Dream in Color-Smooshy

No comments:

Post a Comment