Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Blog from the past: April 25, 2009


I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order.

April 25, 2009


Today Peanut and I were driving home from town.  While sitting at a stop light a lady in an electric wheel chair crossed the road.  Peanut asked me how she did that. I told her how it had a big battery like my car.  She was still curious. She asked why the lady needed the chair. I told her that maybe her legs don't work.  She asked why.  I was driving and I didn't know why so I said, maybe when God was making her he took her out of the oven before her legs were finished.  
And then Peanut corrected me. She said that God doesn't put us in the oven,  But that God knits us. 

I have read her the verse in the Bible where it says that God knit us in our mothers womb before we were born. 


Psalm 139:13 (New International Version)


 13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.

So after she corrected me saying that God knit us.  I said, maybe God dropped a stitch and the lady's legs were not so good.  She liked that answer. She knows from experience when I have been knitting and she bumps me, then a stitch falls off and I say "don't move, I dropped a stitch".  She knows it can be a problem.

She can say things sometimes that just make me so proud of her.


Oh, and here is her new haircut, again.  I love you Sweetie!!!

1 comment:

  1. What's that saying, "Kids say the darndest things"? She sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete