Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: August 24, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

August 24, 2008

I've been Working on my knitting a lot lately.  Here are some pictures.......

These are some markers I made for my knitting.
Every metal part is Sterling Silver, the wire going thru the beads are headpins with that silver cluster soldered on (by the manufacture) all sterling silver.  The beads are all glass except for the skull which is bone.

Then I have been busy knitting on several projects at the same time.
Here is ONE finished sock. I am casting on the second sock today.

I'm getting better at the gusset where you pick up the new stitches from where you slipped the stitches for the heel. I also am not getting the ladders.  I used Regia Design Line sock wool.  I knit in size 0 metal DPN's because this pattern called for 72 sts. to be cast on. I began with 2.25 dpn's and the cuff was looking huge. So I ripped out and went to size 0.   They are so thin my hands would hurt after a while Sooooooooo I would take a break and work on a NEW SCARF with my new NORO Silk Garden wool.  I love the colors.

Noro Silk Garden Sock-40% Lamb's Wool, 25% Silk, 25% Nylon, & 10% Kid Mohair
This scarf is my own pattern. I wanted to learn how to make cables and I wanted to make something
that would show (socks are basically hidden by your shoe and pants, so I chose to make a scarf.
I am just knitting stocking stitch on the edges, then garter stitch, a cable every few rows, more garter stitch, then stocking stitch edge.  The stocking stitches are rolling in. I don't mind but it is making the scarf narrow. So I want to know about Blocking. 
If I block this scarf flat, will the edges cease to curl?  

I am using my signature knitting needles in size 3.50mm or US size 4.  This yarn is more like a DK weight.

I am also still working on my sweater by Jarod Flood.  I am using Queensland Kathmandu DK. It's a tweed in  the color Chocolate.   I love this yarn.  I am enjoying knitting this so much.  The yarn is  85% Merino Wool, 10% Silk,  &  5%  Cashmere. 

Here is my sweater today.  I am working on the body.

So other than this, I also spent the day at the beach yesterday with my granddaughter and friends. It was so 
beautiful and we swam in the ocean.  The waves were so big.  I got bowled over once.  I had sand in every nook and cranny.  But it was a wonderful day.  Not too hot. Only in the 70's at the beach while back home in the valley, San Bernardino valley it was hitting 100 degrees.

Huntington Beach 

No comments:

Post a Comment