Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: February 22, 2009

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 

February 22, 2009


Here are some finished projects I have been knitting on. I haven't posted in a while so there are a few.
Pattern: Queen of Beads by Sivia Harding
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts-Socks that Rock Light weight- Merino
Color: My Blue Heaven
Beads: Blue/teal
From the Rockin' Sock Club - Blue Moon Fiber Arts
January sock 2009
And here they are in my new Dansko shoes.   They look so cute I want to wear high water pants to show them off. LOL

Here are a pair of socks I knit.
Pattern: Basic Sock. Ribbing cuff down, Stocking st. on sole. K1,S1 heel.
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts-Socks that Rock- light weight Merino
Colorway: The Cookie Next Door.
 I gave the socks to my dear friend Karen.


I Knit a hat.
Pattern: High Peaks Hat by Anne Hanson
Yarn: BMFA Socks that Rock- Merino
Color: Jubilation in heavyweight.
 I think I look bad in a hat so I might give this to my granddaughter.

I knit a pair of socks for my son Roland's birthday.
Yarn: S.R. Kertzer- On Your Toes 4 ply. Wool & nylon.
Color: Grey/tan/white
I didn't use a pattern. I did ribbing then just stockinette stitch. I did an eye of partridge heel.

Then I made a pair of socks for me. I knit them during the Christmas trip to Idaho. It only took me 6 days, my all time record.
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, socks that rock-merino
Color: Chapman Springs.
Pattern: Ribbing all the way except the sole. Heel flap K1, S1
Cuff Down.

Here is a hat I knit.
Pattern: none
Yarn: Handspun BFL
Spun by: Peanut, 7 year old girl
Knit by: Grandma, Carol

I knit 2 mitts.
Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Knit Pick Bare wool- Hand dyed by me-Carol
Dyed: plants in my yard & onion skins

I also knit a scarf.
Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted merino
Color: Velvet Grapes
This was a Christmas present for my daughter in law Bambi.


I have several other projects that are works in progress.  I need more time to knit.  Don't we all? 

No comments:

Post a Comment