Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: September 23, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

September 23, 2008

My house was looking tired so I set out to paint the shutters a nice crisp color.  I chose a green like is becoming popular with the new shopping centers going up.
I picked Jungle Green.

So I spent this weekend painting the shutters and when I finished I liked it.  They were in the shade so all looked very juicy and clean. 
I got up the next morning, the sun was shinning on my house and OH MY GOSH!!!  The shutters looked like a neon light on a brothel.

Today I bought some olive brown paint and mixed it together with my Jungle Green.  I started on the shutters on the left.


The funny thing is, the new color looks like the old color in the shade (top right). And the new color in the shade (top left) looks like brown.
I don't care. I think the darker color looks a lot better.  
Don't mind the landscaping. I cut the roses back severely in order to get in to paint. I have removed half the rose bushes. You can see flats of Lantana there for a ground cover, lavender color.  And I bought some tall ornamental grasses in a burgandy color to put in front. They will compliment the green shutters I think.

I finished the shutters on the left. It was so hot outside so I am waiting for the sun to move before I finish the shutters on the right.
I hate the color of my house but there is nothing I can do to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment