Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: May 30, 2008 - New Cat

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

May 30, 2008  -  New Cat, Sally

Yesterday evening my little sister came and delivered a new kitten to our home. This is Peanut's kitten. She named her "Sally Flower Lee". Lee is Peanut's and my middle name. Sally is Jack's girlfriend in Nightmare Before Christmas. Flower, well I guess Peanut likes flowers.



Peanut is in love.



My other cat Solo Vino was cool. He tried to act like he didn't care.
Peanut made a bed and Sally slept with her all night. Here she is ready for school.



Peanut said, "now I have a friend to play with me." She lost her mommy a year ago. My daughter Sierra died by a gunshot. Peanut was in the house when it happened and probably saw something. She was found by her mommy's side when the paramedics arrived. It's been a hard journey but we are doing ok. We take each day as it comes and we have a deep faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. I know that Sierra is in Heaven with her daddy, my late husband Richard.
This kitty is a good thing in our lives and in Peanut's life. She is being so nurturing with the kitten. It is sweet to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment