Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: June 1, 2008 - MOTHS

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

June 1, 2008   MOTHS!

Yesterday my sister and I moved a cedar chest to my living room. I wanted to put my stash of wool yarn into it.
I'm so freaked out right now. This is a cedar chest I got from my mom. I have had this chest in a bedroom for about 4 years. And all that I have had in it was photo albums and a few cotton doll dresses, a wool hat, and an old old patchwork baby quilt. The chest was pretty empty. My mission was to clean out mom's stuff and put in mine.
So today I brought out my box of Wool Stash to put into this chest.
I just began buying wool for about 2 months now.

I opened the chest, and there on the wool hat was LARVAE. I am sure they are moth larvae. 

Ewwww Ewwwww ewwwwww!!!!! I took the cloth things outside and smashed anything and everything I saw. Then I shook out everything.
I came in and washed my hands 100 times.
I put the stuff back in the chest and closed it up. 
My wool stash stayed in their Zip lock bags.

I thought cedar was a wood that kept moths out. I'm so freaked.

Do I need to take the chest outside and spray it with bug spray?
How could I throw out all the paper stuff when the paper is photo album pages with photos from the 40's, 50's & 60's?

I don't know what to do. I haven't seen the moth larvae in anyplace of my house ever. My house is new, built in 2001. 

Help. Any advice is appreciated. Please? HELP. Ahhhhhhhhh
I'm in moth hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment