Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: January 8, 2009

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 

January 8, 2009

We just had a 5.0 earthquake.  It felt stronger.  Seemed to last a long time.  Enough time that I stood there, then looked at Peanut, then at the big sliding glass door, and said, lets go under the table.

So we did.  First time I ever did that and I have lived through a lot of big quakes here in So. California. 
I was afraid that the glass door might break and I wanted to be a good example to Peanut.  he he he 

Nothing broke.  The quake was centered here near my house.  Wow.  

When it happened I told Peanut that it was either an earthquake or the space shuttle just landed.  When they land at Edwards Air Force base we can hear the sonic boom and feel the rattling of our house. 
This was a noisy quake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment