Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: June 17, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

June 17, 2008  Balloon release for Sierra. RIP

Tonight my granddaughter and I went to our meeting of The Compassionate Friends.
http://www.compassionatefriends.org/
(Redlands Chapter of Compassionate Friends)
http://www.redlandstcf.com/

This is a grief group for parents & siblings who have lost a child.

Tonight was the annual balloon launch in the memory of our children. 

We arrived early and started making out little cards to attach to the balloons.

Ouch, sunburn.......




Then we were ready to head outside.  Legos in red case, balloons in hand.


Outside it was a beautiful night. There was a singer Naomi Slotkin and a man on the keyboard. Her voice was like an angel. She sang so beautiful and the lyrics to the songs made me cry.


Then we went on the stairs to release the Balloons. It was so beautiful. The balloons went straight up to heaven.



We watched till the balloons got smaller and smaller. 



And then Naomi Slotkin with the angel voice sang on..........

Near far wherever you are 
I believe that the heart does go on 
Once more you open the door 
And you're here in my heart 
And my heart will go on and on



And then they were gone.............


No comments:

Post a Comment