Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: March 10, 2009

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 

March 10, 2009

I have a few finished projects. Here is a scarf. I love this scarf. I can't stop looking at the colors. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden. It is Silk, Mohair & Merino wool. I used 3 different colorways




Then on the weekend I stayed up way past midnight because I was spinning. I was spinning some Blue Face Leicester (BFL) wool. They are very cute sheep, a breed developed in Northern England. Then I 
2-plied this yarn. The fiber was from Crown Mountain Farms. Here is my finished yarn. 






Now my latest project is a sweater. Yes, wool again but it is so pretty. We still have some cold days, remember June Gloom? Anyway this morning the temperature was 45 degrees F. This sweater is made with heavy weight yarn of Socks that Rock merino wool. The color is called My Blue Heaven. Yes it is the same color as my beaded socks. I like this color. I still have the sleeves and body to knit. It is going pretty fast because the body and sleeves are a lace pattern.




This sweater has 3 buttons at the yoke. I am looking for some wood buttons. I do have other projects on knitting needles. I am just really trying to finish this sweater first. The other projects are a pair of green socks. A lace scarf and a pair of alpaca fingerless mittens. 4 projects on needles. And I want to start more. It is addicting to start projects. I love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment