Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: December 22, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

December 22, 2008

 Our trip to Idaho was fun and exciting. We got up very early Sunday Morning to make a 7:54am flight to Denver.  We had no trouble arriving on time all ready for the cold. 
I had my Noro striped scarf on and my serpentine mitts!
Peanut had her puffy coat and was wearing her snow boots.
Here we are in the airport in Ontario California.

Peanut didn't want her pic taken.

This was peanuts first plane trip. She just loved it so much.  We first flew to Denver Colorado. Peanut was studying the safety folder.


It was a fun flight. I was disappointed that we only got juice, no snack, not even a freaking donut. :(
So we arrive in Denver. We had a 4 hour layover. We did go have a nice lunch. Then we had the info that our flight might be cancelled to Idaho Falls. The earlier flight was cancelled and the flight to Boise was cancelled. There were some people who had been waiting 2 days to get to Idaho Falls.
We did get on the plane. We had sun in Denver with 7 degrees F.  You could see the ice on the runway. (see below) The people who had the canceled flight were on stand-by for our flight. I feel sorry for them that they were not given seats and they just had to wait for people not to show up for their flights. I think the airline should add another plane to the line-up and get those people on their way. After all they did buy tickets for that flight on that day.
(notice I made my hair reddish-brown?) I like it.
All in all it was a fun trip with Peanut.  We were lucky to arrive in Idaho Falls. The pilot told me that he would land in any conditions, that nothing bothers him.
I guess they are use to a little snow. 
It was dark by the time we arrived. We were about an hour late.
The parking lot was full of snow and the roads were all white. It was so pretty. Bambi and Dustin (my son and his wife) were there to greet us. It was so wonderful.  We got to Dustin's house and it was still snowing.  But cozy inside.

Peanut on the plane, happy to be landing in Idaho Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment