Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: June 20, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

June 20, 2008       Felted hat before felting.







The blue/green wool and the red silk yarn are only for stripes so I didn’t use very much. 
I am making up the pattern as I go. When I feel like it needs an increase I just crochet 2 sc in one space. Then to get the hat to turn down at the crown I decrease by skipping a space. I just do this when it seems it needs to be shaped here or there.
5/26 
I start crocheting from the top down and increase as needed to make a hat shape. I crochet the hat larger than normal since I will be felting it.
6/20 
I had not been working on this much. I was finishing my other projects. 
So today I finished the crocheting. I added a few inches of blue to the bottom which I crocheted the first row in the back loop so it would turn easy. Then I turned the blue strip to the inside and sewed it down with the gray yarn. It makes a nice edge. 
I still need to felt this project then it is done! 
I love how the colors look on this hat. The picture of the hat on my granddaughter is closer to the real colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment