Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: September 14, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

September 14, 2008

I have been working on a lot of projects at the same time, again. I want to show ya'll what I have been up to. So I finished one of the Serpentine mitts.  I love this yarn. It is Wool by Dream in Color-smooshy.   I made the mitt cover my knuckles more than the pattern called for. I have an update pic of Alexis in her Monkey Socks with church shoes. Scuffed toes and all.  I was teaching the mother of my daughter in law, or my son's mother in law or I think the best label for her and I since our kids married each other is Co-madres, that is spanish for co-mothers. So I was teaching her today how to make socks. And she has this huge stash of yarn. One of the big hospitals here use to have people knit hats for patients and babies. Then no one was doing it so when they heard that my Co-madre was interested they gave her a few bags full of yarn. There is all types and sizes of yarn. She gave me this small skein because it is too small for a hat. I don't know what it is but it looks natural and it if soft like angora. It also looks thick and thin so could it be handspun? There is a tag on it and it says: Phoebe 11/00 60 yards. I think 11/00 means November 2000. Here it is, can you identify this yarn?  And a close up
  It was a good day teaching someone to knit socks. I just learned in March. This knitting is really addictive. I love it. I have 4 projects going right now and a growing stash that is calling me. I just have to keep my eyes off of the spinning websites!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment