Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: March 24, 2009

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 

March 24, 2009


Well first with the good news.I made a decision to move to Idaho this summer. I had to wait to get permanent guardianship of my granddaughter Peanut before I could move forward.  Now I have complete custody. The dad is in jail. And we only have one more obstacle.  That is to get permission from the judge to leave the state.  I got an e-mail from my attorney today and he said that he doesn't anticipate any problems.  Pray for us please.
What I want to do is let Peanut finish 1st grade here. Last school day is 6/11 and then move to Idaho and she can begin 2nd grade in Idaho in mid-August.
I want a smooth transition.  I know that there will be a lot of work to do to get this done.
If you have any moving tips or advice please leave me a comment. If you have tips or advice on moving with kids, leave me a comment too.

Ok, so here is my latest Finished Object, FO.  They are crocheted. Yeah I left knitting for 2 days.  I like how the crocheting changed the way that STR yarn looks.  I think the mittens look like Indian Corn.
Pattern: Drops Crocheted Mittens with Wavy Border.
Size: small
Hook: D
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks that Rock meduims weight
(150 yds. or .4 skein)
Colorway: Count chuckula
Mods: I knit 7 rows of 2X2 ribbing at the wrist.  Also I only did 2 rows of ruffle.



Here Kitty kitty....here kitty.

LOL, no kitties were hurt in the photo. My hand is about 6 inches above her head. If you look closely you can see she is licking her foot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment