Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A post from the Past: December 12, 2008

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

December 12, 2008

I haven't posted in a long time. I have many projects that I have finished and so I will not write much but instead post a lot of photos.  
You can get the details on my Ravelry page www.ravelry.com/people/Idahobound

Or you can just ask and I will answer.  I finally finished my sweater. I did a lot of knitting on other projects while the sweater was on the needles. I do like the sweater. It fits really good and it is long.

As you can see in the first pic, there is a BEE above my ear on my right. That bee did sting me when I heard a buzz and I put my hand up there. We had been outside right before this. I'm allergic to bees too. I'm ok now.

This hat pattern is Easy Beret.  The yarn is from Monkey Spinner and is Alpaca from Peru!!!  The beige stripe is handspun angora.  I needed to put in a stripe because I didn't have enough alpaca to complete the hat, but I do like it a lot.
I blocked it on a clear blue dinner plate.

I finished a scarf in Noro Krueyon doing the Jared Flood pattern. I changed it to casting on 40 stitches instead of 39, so then I slipped the first stitch each row. 
It was a little scratchy but I washed it gently and then put some hair conditioner on it.  It smells so good and it is pretty soft. 



I also made a coffee cup sleeve.  I used Noro Krueyon and felted it.
 

I finished my Mockery Socks. I used Regia sock yarn. It is really nice yarn. I have already washed them and put them in the dryer too, they came out beautiful.  The first time I washed them I dried them flat, but they were a little big so I tried the dryer the on the next wash. They came out great.


So here is my "Idellah". She is my new and 1st spinning wheel.


I have spun on a drop spindle a little, and so last night I started to practice.




This is my BFL roving from Crown Mountain Farms in the colorway Mother Earth.  It is so soft. 
Peanut is going to learn too.  She is good at the treadle. 
Next week a lady in my knit group is going to give me a lesson in spinning. She has been spinning for 40 years and spins at the Renaissance Fairs all over California. 


No comments:

Post a Comment