Thursday, August 23, 2012

A post from the Past: June 16, 2008 - Socks

I am transferring my blog post from Live Journal over here to Blogger. I will start with the newest first so that the last post I post will be the oldest one from LJ.  That way you can scroll down and read it in order. 2008 to 2009.

June 16, 2008   Socks 

Well last night I finished my 3rd pair of socks. These took me 18 days to knit which is good for me. I was also swatching other projects during this time. 



I didn't like the colors of this sock. I ordered it online and ironically it is named OnLine supersocke 100. I like the colors when it was in the skein but as I knit it up there seems to be way too much yellow. I also don't like the beige color stripe in the yellow section.
I love the purple, magenta, navy and red. The yarn was splitty too. For the high price I think I would have liked to spend the $14.99 on another yarn. We will see if it is worth the money by how long wearing the socks are and if they look good after some years.

I tried them on even though they will be a birthday present for my daughter in law. Sally Cat helped me. 



They fit very good. I had changed from the 2.75mm DPN's to the 3.00mm DPN's. It was a good choice. So my DIL will have a pair of socks from both sizes. She tried on the pair from the 2.75mm and they were snug. She said they were cool but I think the 2nd pair will fit better.
Here is the 1st pair I knit for her. These are done in Austermann Step Yarn, expensive at $14.99 a skein but I got a pair from one skein and I have a lot left over. This yarn is infused with Jojoba and Aloe Vera. It is soft to your hands as you knit. The yarn felt a little stiff but after I washed them the socks were so soft. The label says that the jojoba oil and Aloe Vera will last through 40 washes. 


So that is the skinny from here. I will be starting a sweater soon. More on that later with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment